The University, The University Authorities, The Organizational Structure
|The University |||Students |||Rules and conditions of recruiting non-polish citizens|
The University is administered by the Rector who wields the highest executive power and has the right to represent the University. The Rector presides over sessions of the Senate. The Rector supervises all workers and students of the University.
Prof. Michał ŚLIWA
for teaching affairs
Prof. Jacek Migdałek , Vice-Rector for teaching affairs holds the position of the chairman of the University Enrolment Committee (Polish abbreviation: UKR)
for student affairs
Prof. Roman Malarz
for educational affairs
Prof. Tadeusz BUDREWICZ
THE ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE
In the structure of the University there are four faculties:
- The Faculty of Humanities
- The Faculty of Pedagogy
- The Faculty of Geography and Biology
- The Faculty of Mathematics, Physics, and Technical Skills
- The Faculty of Art
The Faculty is administered by the Dean.
AUTHORITIES OF THE FACULTY OF HUMANITIES
Dean, Prof. Kazimierz Karolczak
Dr hab. Bogusław Skowronek
Dr hab. prof. AP Sylwester Józefiak
Dr hab. prof. AP Leszek Pyra
AUTHORITIES OF THE FACULTY OF PEDAGOGY
Dean, Prof. Ireneusz KAWECKI
dr Ryszard Ślęczka
dr Ewa Żmijewska
AUTHORITIES OF THE FAUCLTY OF GEOGRAPHY AND BIOLOGY
Dean, Prof. Zbigniew Długosz
dr Robert Stawarz
AUTHORITIES OF THE FACULTY OF MATHEMATICS, PHYSICS, AND TECHNICAL SCIENCE
Dean, Prof. Władysław Błasiak
dr Antoni Chronowski
dr inż. Paweł Kurtyka
AUTHORITIES OF THE FACULTY OF ART
Dean, Prof. Marek Sajduk
Within the University there are two interdepartmental teaching units:
- The Department of Foreign Languages, which runs foreign language courses for all fields of studies,
- The Institute of Physical Education and Sport, which runs sports activities for full-time studies; it has at its disposal a modern well-equipped indoor swimming pool, sauna and work-out room.
Within the Faculties the student affairs are managed by the Deans' Offices.
Deans' Offices keep the documentation of the course of studies, issue student record books together with student identification cards, as well as, other necessary certificates required for WKU (Polish abbreviation for the Military Draft Office), ZUS (Polish abbreviation for the Social Insurance Institution), banking, etc. The Deans' offices also issue student credits and examination cards.
Deans' Offices are located in 2 Podchorążych street
The Dean's Office of the Faculty of Humanities
full-time studies - room 129
extramural studies - room 129a
The Dean's Office of the Faculty of Pedagogy
full-time studies - room 139
extramural studies - room 138, 140
The Dean's Office of the Faculty of Geography and Biology
full-time studies - room 136
extramural studies - room 135
The Dean's Office of the Faculty of Mathematics, Physics, and Technical Science
full-time studies - room 145
extramural studies - room 145
The office hours of Deans' Offices are determined by the Deans.
THE FACILITIES OF THE UNIVERSITY
- Located in 2 Podchorążych street (the main building) are: Rector's Office, Administration, Deans' Offices of the Faculties, Department of Teaching and Cooperation with the Education, Department of Studies and Foreign Cooperation, Department of Student affairs, Department of Enrolment, Department of University Promotion and Student Career, Bursary and Cash Desk, University Academic Publishing House as well as Student Self-Government. There are also the Institutes of: Polish Philology, Philosophy and Sociology, History, Scientific Information and Library Science, Neo-philology (speciality: Roman Philology, Spanish Language, Italian Language), Political Science, Geography, Physics, Mathematics, Technical Science as well as the Departments of: Computer Science and Computer Methods, Chemistry, Psychology and Department of Foreign Languages.
- Located in 4 R. Ingardena street are: the Institutes of Education Science, Pre-school and Elementary Pedagogy; the Departments of Defence Education, Special Education, History of Education; the Teaching Technology Workshop and the Institute of Physical Education and Sport. The building also houses an indoor swimming pool and the student club "Bakałarz".
- Located in 43 Mazowiecka street is the Institute of Art.
- Located in 5 Studencka street is the Institute of Neo-philology (speciality: Russian philology, German language).
- Located in 3 Podbrzezie street is the Institute of Biology.
- Located in 41 Karmelicka street is the Institute of Neo-philology (speciality: English philology) and the Institute of Art.